Friday, 23 March 2012


Since the advent of photography there has been many reported captures of paranormal activity, and none are more plentiful than those of ghosts captured in churches or religious institutions.
And in many, they represent a long and sometimes troubled history which manifests itself as a figure or light anomaly.
Here are a few such reported captures from across the years, these are not listed by date of occurrence.

 In this early photograph from 1925 in the Domremy Basilica in France. The event celebrated the installation of the British Union flag as a commemorative for the dead from WW1.
The persons present were Lady Palmer (in view) and her companion, a Miss Townsend.
The two others figures (left) were invisible to both Lady Palmer and Miss Townsend.

 Here is an unusual photograph taken at the altar of St Peter`s Church in Rome.
From the feet, it looks like an elderly lady worshipper.

The Sefton Church ghost was photographed in Sefton Church, Merseyside in 1999. Only two photographers were inside this church when the photograph was taken and neither report seeing the ghost when their own eyes but when they took their pictures the ghost clearly showed up in the doorway of the chapel.

This phantom was taken in the St. Nicholas church in Arundel in 1940 and appears to show a priest at prayer at the altar. Nothing further is known as to the photographer or conditions.

In this 1982 photograph from St Botolph`s church in London appears the faint imagery of people in the top right hand gallery. There were no other persons present apart from the photographer and his wife. It clearly looks like a man in medieval clothing. Next door are the remains of an earlier St Botolph`s Priory.

Probably the most famous of all ghost photographs in churches. This was shot in 1963 by Reverend Lord in Newby Church, Yorkshire, England. Reverend Lord claims there was nothing visible to the naked eye immediately prior to shooting the photo.

A Mr Bootman took this photograph in a church at Eastry Kent. When it was developed it showed an apparently phantom vicar sitting in the pews. The only other persons in the church at the time was the photographer and the cleaning lady.

On August 2nd 1975 a Diana Berthelot and her husband Peter with their 12 year old son visited the old weaving village of Worstead during one of their regular holidays in Norfolk from their then home in Essex. They went inside the church to escape the heat, and Mrs Berthelot was sat at rest recovering from the heat and her own poor health. This picture was then taken and appears to show a ghost with healing properties known as the `White Lady`.

She claims being there made her feel much better and was surprised as much as anyone when the ghost revealed itself on the image.

Thanks For Making This Possible! Kindly Bookmark and Share it.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Facebook Twitter