|In the background are the chapel and guardhouse - The military chapel is the oldest in Britain|
Our latest documentary, `Tilbury - Legends of a Tudor Fort` which is in edit, will be available to view on Saturday, March 15th, 2014.
The shoot encompasses a number of locations in Essex and Kent, and English Heritage have allowed us to shoot in areas at the fort which are not open to the public.
|Walking away from the raised `Dead House` mortuary|
It was used over the centuries as a makeshift mortuary above the gate leading to the rear of the fort.
The floor still has an original trap door where cadavers (dead bodies) were dropped into a waiting cart below before being taken away for burial.
|Chris Halton pictured with some sizeable activity inside the `Dead House`|
It wasn`t until 1875 (following a serious outbreak) that a connection between the disease and the fort`s own water supply was forged. After this, there were no further outbreaks.
During our visit to the `Dead House`, we were able to pick up activity, and undoubtedly the room (as with many other locations) is haunted.
|A sketch showing the fort in the 17th century|
This is our most ambitious project yet, and has already resulted in many hours work both filming or compiling video.
|Georgian houses which were once occupied by senior officers|
Tilbury Fort is regarded as one of the best preserved bastion forts in the whole of Europe, and it`s site plan has changed little since 1680 when it was completed by Sir Bernard DeGomme, architect to Charles II.
We still have much to edit, and am hopeful that we have some interesting paranormal activity.
|Pictured with Chris Halton is the manager, Kevin Diver and assistant, Jennifer - staff of English Heritage|